Home Forum Members Pictures Contact Events

Go Back   Bay Area Two Stroke > Technical > Derbi Tech
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Unread 06-18-2020, 07:41 PM
Junior BAT

Default Metrakit identification and parts?

BATS,

A few friends and i decided to jump into two strokes, seems like a few years too late. this is my first go at anything having to do with mechanics.

Acquired a few bikes in really rough shape (and overpaid). they were sitting in a race trailer for 15 years before we picked them up. They were used locally in the cart track scene in the early 2000's to never be seen again until three weeks ago. Although i was advised to have fun with them until they blew, i stupidly decided to take mine down to the frame and have a fun little project for the next few weeks/months. Project will hopefully be documented at some point - Project lightweight, or paperweight depending on how it goes. I got a lot of work to get to with this one in particular

Metrakit, are they still around? or is there anyone who makes a similar cylinder kit to where i can source gaskets, oring, pistons and the like? i had coolant all over the outside of the head and cylinder that made me open her up. The cylinder head has a MK stamped on the side with no other markings, and i was told it was metrakit 70, 72, or 75cc kit. Other than being covered in dirt, i had access to a bead blaster and the cylinder and head cleaned up really well. insides look good, and the piston was in decent shape. any way to identify which kit i have in particular? now im just trying to find the right gaskets to put her back together and to the side while i finish up the rolling chassis. Is it worth the effort and unreliability, should i just get a new cylinder all together?

the carb is another mystery. after a quick google look up it seems to be a Metrakit MRD carb, 28mm, which has since been discontinued, including its successor the MRD II. Again googling seems to say its a PWK (what does that mean) and basics seem to be available. ill tackle that next.

thanks for reading and potentially helping.
Unread 06-25-2020, 03:36 PM
Moderator - $ Donating Member

Hey,

Pretty sure all the Stancil bikes ran MetraKit Pro race setups. I believe the parts are still available and I do happen to have a brand new top end kit in my storage. I also have MetraKit stroker cranks that make those kits 80cc, same setup that came on the MRD 80cc cup bikes! Let me know what you want to do with regards to tuning the bikes and we can come up with a plan of attack.

If it is the 28mm MetraKit carb, it’s gonna be too much for the street. I’m in love with 21mm carbs for the street bikes and 24mm for the track. I have run a 28mm in the past, but it was too big for these little motors. The 28mm I had is now on the CR85 motor CeRbi bike you guys bought!

Current FTR, Diavel, KilLeR, Metro, Grom, GTS300, RS250³,Newd, TT, Max, Nastro, Bangkok, 85 ADV

Past: SC1000s, CeRbi, SPR, 959 Corse, CB300R, SRMotard, Versys, Typhoon, NCXD, RC390², Madass, PW50, KTM BR 65, Aprilia BR50, Aprilia RS125², DRD, WR250X, Derbi SM⁷, Aprilia RS50¹⁰, Derbi GPR³, Aprilia RS250², Mito², NSR50², NS50, HRC RS125, HRC RS80, YSR63 (1st 2stroke!), FZ600, KLR250(1st Bike!)