Water Reservoir for GPR50? [Archive] - Bay Area Two Stroke

PDA

View Full Version : Water Reservoir for GPR50?

alleyCat
08-25-2008, 12:44 PM
So the water reservoir on my GPR50 failed. It doesn't appear to be the stock unit. Anyone have any idea where to get something that will fit properly?

alleyCat
09-02-2008, 12:56 PM
ping? test for echo?

Pierce
09-02-2008, 04:35 PM
You know what I used to run my Senda (same motor) with the water resevior removed. I just capped off the the leads to the radiator and it ran just fine and never over heated. Finding one of those will be very hard unless you can find a parted out bike.

Did kind of like Pierce cause it didn`t really do anything except cause problems.

I just bought a Daytona Temp Gauge & fill through the Radiator no problems since.

Pierce
09-05-2008, 09:12 AM
Like I posted on Barf there are two of them in the buy it now section on ebay under derbi.

Dangerous Dave
09-18-2008, 07:25 PM
Well now you guys have stirred up my curiosity! You know I've been fighting an overheat problem with my GPR SP72 for a looong time and have yet to resolve it. Seems like I have little to lose by trying this method. So did you just leave a little air space in the cooling system for expansion?? There's that nipple (heh, heh, heh) off the top of the rad that burps air back to the reservoir. Seems like a short piece of hose installed there and capped off would give some room for expansion. I could even route it to my catch bottle. If this fixes the problem, I'm kickin' you guys asses for not telling me this sooner...then I'm buying you each a beer for fixing the problem. :D

dankerson
09-18-2008, 08:24 PM
you better do a leak test. you could also take the thermostat out. make sure you burp the system correctly.

Dangerous Dave
09-19-2008, 03:55 AM
you better do a leak test. you could also take the thermostat out. make sure you burp the system correctly.

No leaks...not losing coolant. No thermostat...SP kit doesn't use one. System DEFINATELY burped correctly! Still gets hot when run hard, even for a short time. I've tried more possible solutions than you can imagine.