refill ratio [Archive] - Bay Area Two Stroke

PDA

View Full Version : refill ratio

ToraTora
11-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Hey Bats,

I recently bought a 2000 GPR. What a blast. :)

Anywho, I was wondering what the fill ratio might be on the gas vs. the oil tank. In other words - how many gas tank fulls should I expect to see for one oil tank full.

Thanks!

-Rob-

dankerson
11-10-2006, 06:14 PM
usually. when i did a wheelie and the premix was low. the refill light would come on. you can just keep it toped off.
a guess would be 5 tanks

ToraTora
11-10-2006, 09:28 PM
yeah my light comes on with the tank full, which is why I'm currious about the ratio. Gives me an idea of how far I can go on an oil tank. For now I'm just checking it all the time.

Thanks!

-Rob-

dankerson
11-10-2006, 10:32 PM
can you see the oil tank under the teat or in that general area? if so and its clear. you can read it that way

ToraTora
11-10-2006, 11:02 PM
yeah that is basically what I do. I pop open the "gas tank" and look inside to check the oil tank level. At some point once I get some docs on the machine I'll take the oil tank and sensor apart and check it out. Having rebuilt a Saab transmission I can't imagine that there is anything on this bike that I wouldn't be able to wrench once I had some decent intelligence on the issue. :)

Derbi Manuals & 6-Speed Manual (http://www.derbi-club.com/technical.php)
Once you have these you won`t need a mechanic, these bikes are
easy to tune. Like a mountain bike with chainsaw engine...

Still don`t know where this "Teat" thing is located i`ll have to sit & think on it, lol.

ToraTora
11-11-2006, 11:03 AM
Hey thanks! Grabbed them last night. :)